Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jazz Up Old Books



On our thrift store hunt for a coffee table to fix up, I found this little gem for $2.49.  It is a vintage book called "The Blue Fairy Book".  I am not sure if this a first edition or not.  It isn't marked with a date but an owner did inscribe on the front cover 1923.

I loved the look of the book but the fairy story is what really sold me on it!
The book is a little beat up so I tied it up with some ribbons to keep the spine from being damaged further.

Here are a few other books I've jazzed up since they were damaged.

Sometimes the covers or spine are so damaged I can't save them so I have taken them off completely.





3 comments:

  1. so pretty! My fave is the burlap ribbon...I have a few rough-looking books that I can spruce up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea! I have a few antique books and I've been wanting to make them more noticeable on my bookshelf. I think something like this might do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all lovely. Thanks for sharing at Repurposed Ideas WEekly. I have blog hop #21 open if you want to share some posts. Please grab my button in the side bar to link up to your posts. They are all great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...